What’s for Breakfast? Graphs

views

Breakfast is essential to have in a day, skipping which may cause a decrease in concentration levels, diabetes, weight gain, and cardiac health issues. Skipping breakfast can lead to a higher chance of consuming sugary foods, which may cause obesity.

Several studies have proven that eating breakfast has many health benefits. In the short term, it enhances your energy levels and ability to concentrate, and in the long term, it can help with weight control and lower the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

The breakfast foods vary greatly depending on the location but typically include carbohydrates like grains, cereals, fruit, and vegetable, and proteins such as eggs, meat, fish, or a drink like milk, coffee, tea, or fruit juice.

The breakfast foods include pancakes, sausages, bacon, sweet bread, baked beans, muffins, French toasts, crumpets, toast with butter, margarine, or jam. However, various preparations and ingredients are associated with breakfast globally.

Below are some graphs showing how much food is consumed in the US and worldwide:

Find Out More…

Coffee

Domestic Consumption of coffee

Americans love to drink a delicious cup of hot coffee and have many different methods and gadgets to prepare and brew coffee. The overall domestic coffee consumption in the US from 2013-14 was about 1428.6 million kilograms. The numbers decreased slightly during 2014 and 2015, with the coffee consumption being 1414.8 million KGs. But after that, it took off in 2015-2020, with the consumption reaching 1602 million KGs.

Bagels

Consumption of bagel

Bagels are one of the favorite American foods. According to a survey, almost 61% of Americans consume these delicious bagels weekly for breakfast. The remaining 39% of the Americans said that they eat fresh bagels exclusively when they feel like it.

In 2011, about 189.9 million consumers consumed bagels in America. The number didn’t stop there; the number of consumers of these delicious bagels started to increase from 2012 to 195.25 million. The highest the numbers got was in 2020, with the number of consumers being 212.48 million. This number is still growing, and it will cross the 212.48 million mark.

Top Breakfast Items

Top 10 Breakfast

People consume different foods for breakfast like doughnuts, eggs, sausages, toast, pancakes, bacon, etc. According to the data, the most popular breakfast items for Americans are eggs and sausages. 58.18% of Americans prefer having eggs on their breakfast table, while 46.72% of people love eating sausages in their breakfast along with fresh toasts (46.57%). 

Breakfast Cereal

US Breakfast Cereal Market Size

Breakfast cereal is another popular breakfast food that Americans consume. According to statistics, the consumption of cereals in the US was about 9.5 million in 2014. In 2015, it was about 9.7 million. The numbers didn’t stop there; they are still increasing day by day, with the current consumption being more than 10 million. The consumption is expected to cross that mark in 2023.

Global Cereal Consumption

Global Breakfast Cereal Market Size

Cereals are consumed not only in the US but also in many other countries of the world. The global breakfast cereal market size was about $49 million in 2010, and in 2011, it rose to $50 million. The market size crossed the $50 million mark in 2012, and it kept increasing from there on and is currently at $95 million. The number is expected to rise from there to $100 million.

What’s For Breakfast? Lots of Things

Breakfast is an important meal of the day; it gives you lots of vitamins and nutrients from dairy, grains, and fruits so you can start your day healthy. Therefore, make sure never to skip breakfast, as skipping it can lead to a deficiency of nutrients in your body.

Must-read

How Did Spirited Away Become the First Anime to Win an Oscar?

Go behind the scenes to discover how Spirited Away's unique blend of artistry and storytelling captivated the Oscars.

Are All Bakugan Battle Brawlers Episode Titles Named After 70’s Japanese Songs?

Busting myths about Bakugan Battle Brawlers' episode titles and their musical roots—discover the truth behind the tunes.

Was Katsuki Bakugo Originally Conceived as a Good Character?

Discover how Katsuki Bakugo's transformation from a benevolent genius to a fiery rival reshaped his role in 'My Hero Academia'.

Recent articles

More like this